This collection of musical cups consists of nine plastic cups of different colors that have several elements on their surface. The nature of the cups allows them to interact with each other (they can be aligned, arranged, divided into groups, etc.) and they can also be used in group percussion games. Both the variety of elements that constitute musical cups and the diversity of combinations allow us to carry out many didactic activities with multiple variants.
The 9 Musical Cups
The collection has three different types of cups depending on the inner color (or the color of the ass):
• 4 cups with a black interior: these contain the musical notes and the codification of C chord, Dm chord and Em chord.
• 4 cups with a white interior: these contain the musical notes and the codification of the F chord, G chord and Am chord.
• 1 cup with a violet interior: contains the musical notes and the coding for the diminished chord B.
Likewise, all the cups are different as far as their external color goes; that is, visually the collection has nine cups of nine different colors. These colors can be linked to colored musical instruments, such as boomwhackers or colored tuned bells, and also have the function of differentiating the cups from each other so that some kind of order can be applied .
The elements of each cup
• Upper: Contains the coding of different chords depending on the type of cup. Also, among the notes that make up the chord, four icons appear: a foot, a thigh, a hand and a few fingers. One of the possibilities these icons offer is that, if we stack several cups, we can align those body parts causing several body percussion sequences to appear.
• Central: Includes four white circles. Each of the circles contains one or more musical figures; in particular, each cup has a black one, two eighth notes, four sixteenth notes and a blank space corresponding to a black silence.
• Bottom: Contains a small resized figure that indicates the central musical figure on the opposite side. These elements allow the teacher in front of you to know which figure each student has to touch at each moment. At the same time, to the right and left of this figure, the previous and later musical figures that the student will play also appear.
Musical Cups from Harmony-Games allow you to perform a lot of exercises with which to work on harmony, melody, rhythm, composition and other educational objectives. Moreover, one of the advantages of working with cups is that they offer the possibility of carrying out activities in an experimental way, either in large or small groups, making people with different levels able to follow the same class at the same rhythm. This allows creativity to flow.
One of the most interesting properties of Musical Cups is that they can be painted with whiteboard markers, so that the white circle in the middle part, besides signifying a black silence, can be used to complement rhythm. But you can also mark anywhere in the cup, adding letters that indicate the shape of the composition, different bars, the name of the students or anything you want to capture.
Harmony-Games Musical Cups can serve both professional musicians and children who are starting out in the world of music. Without a doubt, one of the most complete didactic materials for all audiences. What are you waiting for? Get your collection of cups now!