The Harmonic Sheet Collection includes:
- 21 musical magnets containing the diatonic chords of the major scale (4 CΔ, 3 Dm7, 3 Em7, 3 FΔ, 3 G7, 3 Am7 and 2 Bm7b5).)
- 1 white magnet that makes the stave work.
- 1 large pentagram-magnet: our personal music stand.
The 21 magnets contain two octaves of a chord (at the bottom it indicates the relevant chord). The different notes of the chords are marked in a special way:
A) root: red color
B) third: green color
C) fifth: yellow color
D) seventh: lilac colored frame
It is a material compatible with whiteboard markers. It comes inside a plastic wrapping with all the necessary instructions.
How they are used
Before starting the activity we have to decide which chords we want to use. For example, in the case of wanting to play the “pachelbel canon”, we would choose its first eight chords.
C G A E F C F G
When the appropriate Harmonic Sheets have been placed on the lectern, on the magnetic board or on the obverse of the magnet-pentagram (which attracts them because it has reversed polarity), we see the formation of a harmonic picture in many colors. The magnetic strips create a visual structure similar to the musicogram, where all the notes appear that can be played .
From here, you can trace all the paths you want with a whiteboard marker, creating different voices for the same song. The magnet that serves as a guideline can be placed in front of the rest, marking the voices with a number, with the name of the corresponding student or the instrument that has been decided … that way, everyone will know what notes they have to play!
Harmonic sheets are a very useful resource for teachers who wish to work on harmony and composition. The exercises have many variants:
- The class can be divided into groups that perform the different voices.
- The melodies can be performed by singing, with orff instruments, etc.
- You can preset different rhythmic ostinatos for each note, melody or chord of the compositions that have been created.
In short, this is one of the most practical didactic resources of Harmony-Games. There are no excuses for not learning harmony!